DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Teenage girl

Posted by murphy1-700867 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cegan - 9 years ago

Hi my daughter is going away for the whole of August with a friends family but she is around for July if your daughter wants to contact mine via face book , email me back as i dont want to put her name on here

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorznmoor - 9 years ago

Sorry,

my computer is mis-behaving. I was trying to edit my post and for some reason it jumped from my keyboard before it made sense. If you get my drift in the the commentary perhaps other people in a similar situation would like to comment.

All the best Murphy1. I know its a concern because its one of the things that has prevented us from taking the plunge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorznmoor - 9 years ago

Hi,

I just wanted to comment that its equally hard for those of us who come out periodically but don't have an extended social network.

Our daughter is 15, and will be spending her 4th Summer here this year. Although she loves it, especially when we get out on the water, she misses her friends back home. If it wasn't for the internet she would feel quite isolated as she normally has a busy social life.

So I think its a great idea to think about using facebook. are similar parents who might want to let their kids network with a view to them meeting up here (Paphos) occasionally when they coincide on holiday (a modern day equivalent of pen-pals) perhaps you .

I would add that we trust our daughter's judgement when it comes to choosing who she has as friends, but we like to take an interest just to be on the safe side and would expect other parents to do the same.

Sorry no image available
Posted by murphy1-700867 - 9 years ago

Thankyou for your message I will speak to her tonight and email you her details, I was worried about her speaking to someone on line but facebook is a fantastic idea.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cegan - 9 years ago

Hi My daughter is 14 nearly 15 and hangs with a nice group of friends down at the harbour most saturdays they are a welcoming bunch and used to kids coming a going as is the nature here i am sure if you can get them to become freinds on facebook my daughter would help your to find some new friends . my daughter also attends stage one drama group in emba on a sat am and again lots of teenagers attend that too