DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

A Good bank in cyprus

Posted by danno99 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by danno99 - 8 years ago

Ouch, thats obcene.The problem is some banks give you so much small print to start with, because they know most people will not read it all. Then they feel they are justified to take liberties! Thanks for the heads up re this disgusting bank.Good luckDan

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 8 years ago

Yet more charges from the Alpha Bank. I have an overdraft facility with the Alpha Bank and they are not only content with grabbing interest but also charge €100 a year to review it. I can't wait till October so I can close all my accounts with this rip off bank.

Sorry no image available

Hi Dan

I have just cleared a cheque with the Alpha Bank and it cost me £105 and I had to wait 7 weeks. I cleared one with the Coop and this was free and only took 2 weeks. I will be staying with the Coop.

Sorry no image available
Posted by danno99 - 8 years ago

Hi Luvcyprus,

I have now googled the coop bank cyprus & thanks for the info. Not easy to find a good bank these days.

All the best

Dan

Sorry no image available

Hi Dan

Due to some problems I have personally had with some other banks, others say they have had no problems, I now have an account with the Coop and have found them to be great so far, I have transferred money between banks from Coop and so far no charge which is more than I can say for the others €5.50 and €5.00. Online banking and I have found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful.