DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Beware Josephat Cohen

Posted by Niknak-689648 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ponsampere - 9 years ago

Be sure to save all your emails, PM's or what ever you have from this person, I doubt very much that this is his real name. If it is possible to record any future phone calls please do.
They are all evidence,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

The person may not have got my details from Angloinfo, so they wouldn't have to deal with it.
Interpol deal only with local police, not individuals and the British High Commission don't deal with this kind of problem having looked on both websites.  I know going to my local police station won't achieve anything.
I'll carry on looking for a general fraud office I can contact.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JCGX-689138 - 9 years ago

When there is a scam or even a suspicion on one you are suppose to send all the information to angloinfo so they can deal with it. They are not meant to be discussed on the site.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

Contact Interpol directly.

Sorry no image available

I don't think the Cypriot Police would be bothered, why not contact the British consul in Nicosia, they may think it important enough to contact Interpol. I certainly would not just leave it, God knows what could happen next time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Niknak-689648 - 9 years ago

I do wonder if it could be worse!  He was told my family would be at home (included husband so couldn't rob the house) as I began to say I couldn't come because of family and he still tried to persuade me - this was when big alarm bells sounded.
Abduction, trying to get credit card details to arrange 'flights', forcing someone to take money out of account - I dread to think!
I have his telephone number and an email address, is there anyone I can contact to get them to investigate?

Sorry no image available

Sounds right, or could be worse,abduction maybe ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 9 years ago

Probably thinking of robbing the house whilst you are away visiting him. He will have an alibi - You.

Sorry no image available

The same thing happened to some friends who had their property up for sale, they wanted them to meet in Holland, not sure how this works but it is definitely a scam.