DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Burglary Insurance Claim

Posted by bazbar-677153 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 8 years ago

no never had any probs with ins claims if you read the tag its not getting information from police as stated by burglary victim!
that's the problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

Never had any problems with car insurance claims here in Cyprus, nor my sons. Had problems in the UK when my luggage was stolen at Gatwick Airport after check-in though, they refused to pay!

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 8 years ago

4yrs ago same problem insurers won't ask police -police say we will send it and no i can't have the documents police property
the item car written off by major haulage company!!!
police station had everything from lighters to ashtrays , calenders etc in this company logo.
need isay more.
best o luck trying to get your compensation (I never got a cent just huge lawyers bill).as they say "this is Cyprus"

Sorry no image available
Posted by michael barrett - 8 years ago

Hi what is the name of the insurance company that covered your house and also the person who waiting to get there car damage paid you might as well save the money and then sue the person your self. We had a claim two year ago the company had to contact the sub office in Spain to get any ok and then would not pay more than 7000 when it was on the policy as 28000 ( solar panels and inverters ). I am back with Atlantic.

Sorry no image available
Posted by craftyone - 8 years ago

I have a friend who is waiting for a car insurance claim from 2 years ago. The uninsured other party will not pay so they are being taken to court - cou;d take 3-4 years.

Claireabell

Sorry no image available
Posted by bazbar-677153 - 8 years ago

Thanks for that.I will call when next in Limassol.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JCGX-689138 - 8 years ago

Hi there

We were also burgalled and got a copy of the police report at the time we reported it and gave ait to the insurance company. If the insurance can't get report try yourself by going back to the police station you reported it to. It is a few months ago and might not be easy. Best of luck. J