DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can anyone advise

Posted by littlelady-702423 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pdobbo - 8 years ago

I have forwarded this discussion to a friend who is owed over 13K Euros by an Expat British ex-business partner, who did a runner back to the UK (before he was bankrupted because of unpaid Social Insurance Contributions (and subsequent fines) for his employees). He still hasn't been traced by the Cypriot Authorities for the SI debt.

My friend tried to get a court injunction against the sale of his property in Paphos, but was told that the house was actually sold 2 days BEFORE the Court injunction, but the sale did not show up on the Land Registry records when the injunction was sought (and granted by the courts). Therefore another wasted 1000 Euro on lawyer's fees, court costs etc.

Unbelievable.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phil10 - 8 years ago

Terrible and all too familiar a story these sad days. Please take Journo's advice. Sad days. All best wishes and hope for the future.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

This is, unfortunately, a very common problem in Cyprus. Particularly, and very regretabbly it seems according to statistics available, where the so-called 'employer' is an expat Brit. You can claim against them in the Cypriot courts, but should they carry out their alleged plans to return to the UK - or indeed move to any other EU country - there is a very simple EU court procedure to lodge the complaint in one country and claim in another. Whatever happens, don't just let them get away with it. These scumbags need to be taught that, contrary to their claims and beliefs, they are not above the law. Without compromising your own situation, can you offer any further details of your own situation? I'm currently compiling a file on the topic. If you are concerned about posting on a public forum, please feel free to email me directly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by annakyriacou - 8 years ago

If you have any contracts with these people or if you can prove that they havent paid you for your work.

Just go, report it to police.