DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Claiming benefit after heart operation

Posted by angieandpaul - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

I think that it will all depend if he has worked over here and paid any contributions (social security, etc.). If you haven't paid anything over here then I doubt that you will be entitled to anything.

The citizens advice should be able to help you, but I would also contact the British High Commission of the NI Offices in the UK.

Sorry no image available
Posted by failsworthexile - 8 years ago

Yep -get yourself down to citizens advice,benefits depend on how much you have contributed and if approved will only be for 6 months

After that you need to go to appeals comittee for further benefits -highly unlikely you'll get anything -unless of course you know someone ,-it's a nightmare here ,My husband has been unable to work now for 3 years after his bypass operation ,but he's too young for retirement and the social insurance reckon he should go out and get a job!!!!

A Quick way to to get rid of all the sick here-starve them to death !

Sorry no image available
Posted by naomimarylinda - 8 years ago

The best thing you can do is go to Citizens advice on Butcher Boy road (paphos) about halfway down just past the big supermarket. They are very helpful and will tell you all that you are entitled too. If you can't find it just ask someone as it is well noticeable, but signs are in greek. Hope this helps. Make sure to take all your documents i.e. passport, i.d. papers, social insurance no (if you have one) etc.