DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Complaints about Cypriot Mechanics??

Posted by verymadwoman - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

name & shame them , so we do not have to go there as well ? .

Sorry no image available
Posted by DrTraveler - 8 years ago

1. Report them for not giving you receipts when you first asked for them. I pay taxes, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't!. 2. Call the consumer protection and report them. All you have to do is write a letter and send them a copy of all the documentation you have!.3. Tell everyone you know, starting with this post who the mechanics are. Here you can do it anonymously.
PS. No one can kick you out of the country if you are legally here!. So ignore the idiot and report him to the police for the threat as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

There are citizens advice bureau's take your receipts to them

Sorry no image available
Posted by verymadwoman - 8 years ago

i have now obtained receipts from all garages!!!!!! not that it will make any difference!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

Correct Stellaluna

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

That is true. Our mechanic is honest and good. (Limassol.) But my husband is Cypriot and would never use cowboys - same as we'd act in the UK - no?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

Sadly mechanics seem to be the same all over the world .

It's not something that only applies to Cypriot mechanics

Bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Unfortunately, without a receipt, you cannot do much. You have no proof that you purchased anything from them and it will be your word against theirs.
Just remember, not everyone is like this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi VMW

Without proof, ie receipts, you are up the proverbial creek. It's your word against the garage that they ever did any work on your car.

We learnt early on when we came to live here that you use mechanics, plumbers etc by recommendation. Remember anyone can open up a business as your friendly local car mechanic, plumber, electrician without too much regard for knowing anything about cars, plumbing, electrics and make a tidy profit/killing before people realise they know diddly squat about the subject.

I'd put this one down to experience and learn from your mistake. Of the three garages I think I can guess which one you'll return to in future.

Johnners