DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Contract of sale

Posted by fizzbowl - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fizzbowl - 8 years ago

Thanks Nigel & everyone else for your replies

I have a couple of bits of paper that has the numbers on, I will take them to the land registry and see how we go.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 8 years ago

Hi Fizzbowl,

The Land Registry will have a copy of your contract (providing the developer/your lawyer lodged it with them). Get the details of the plot, etc - and visit the Land Registry.

Can I ask why you took delivery of the property without electricity?

Regards,

Nigel

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

fizbowl wrote

We need this document to prove we own the house which has been paid in full and to prove to all the authorities that we actually own the property.

Actually fizbowl you don't actually own the house untill you get your title deeds .

It still belongs to the developer untill you get that all important bit of paper from the land registry.

Bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by napier11 - 8 years ago

Your lawyer who acted for you will have a copy (I hope that you did not use the same lawyer as the developers!). If that is no good, then the contract should have been stamped and deposited in the land registry. Your lawyer will have a yellow piece of paper from them with the deposit number on it. You then ask the land registry if they can give you a copy - you may have to pay some photocopying charges to them.

If it has not been stamped and deposited then you have a problem.