DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Credit cards

Posted by katja-669393 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by donnellap-661518 - 8 years ago

Hi are they any credit cards in Cyprus - that do not have an annual fee to have one?

Sorry no image available
Posted by katja-669393 - 8 years ago

Many thanks Bill, I do believe you are right. I'll try BOC and see where that gets me.

Regards

Katja

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

I think the banks make it up as they go ~ there doesn't seem to be a clear directive at all .

I have a BOC credit card and they haven't blocked any money in my account .

I did say to them that my substantial savings would be moved to another bank if they wanted to play games and block any money in my accounts ~ it seemed to work as no money was blocked .

I hardly use the card and always pay it up at the end of the month if I do owe anything .

I think it's a matter of keep trying until you find a bank that's agreeable to you .

best of luck

Bill

Sorry no image available
Posted by katja-669393 - 8 years ago

Many thanks I will try Helenic... Alpha said (today) they would block the credit limit...

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 8 years ago

Hi
I have had a credit card with Hellenic and Alpha and neither blocked the credit limit providing it was no more than €3000. I am now with the Coop Bank and as yet have not applied for a credit card. I also own immovable property which may be a requirment I am not sure, perhaps someone else may be able to advise.