DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cyprus citizenship

Posted by CYP2UK - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stelladal - 7 years ago

what if an Eu marry a non eu(africa) and have a baby , and the eu is later deported from cyprus , leaving mother n child behind n child have no eu passport, what becomes of the mother and child , how can they get a stay in cyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

if NONE of the parents are cypriot then a baby born in Cyprus CANNOT get cypriot nationality.

There is such a thing as an EU national. This means one is able to live and work in any country member of the EU. An EU passport means you hold a passport of the country that is a member of the EU.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 9 years ago

Journo is correct. My son (although born in Cyprus) has British nationality and his wife Cypriot nationality, Their son born last year was automatically given Cypriot nationality, even though they would have preferred British (for obvious reasons).

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

There is no such thing as 'EU nationality'. Simply entitlement (or not) to a passport (and therefore nationality) of a specific country that has membership of the EU.

Unlike some other EU countries, I believe you will find Cyprus still grants nationality to the children of Cypriot mothers as well as Cypriot fathers.

Sorry no image available

If the parents are not eu citizens the child does not get eu citizenship or cypriot citizeship because they were born here. I believe that only happens in the USA.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zorsav-688296 - 9 years ago

How about if the child is born in Cyprus and both parents are not EU citizens but come from Europe?

Sorry no image available

Cyprus is in the EU. therefore if the mother is EU and father EU citizens the children can get EU citizenship.

As long as the child has an EU passport/ id they can live & work in cyprus as well as any other country in Europe with no visas.