DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Cyprus Police

Posted by junemichael - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

looking through this site information it lists , citizen,s rights charter , and gives the name lacovos papacostas as the chief of police ,( if that is upto date ) email - pafadiv@police.gov.cy .-- -- officer in charge tel - 0035726806050 , divisional commander tel - 00357 26806001 .

Sorry no image available
Posted by junemichael - 9 years ago

The officer that raised his hand to me shouted in Greek because he was threatening me! The others spoke to me in english fine. This is an european country under european legislation where the english language is expected in government/police offices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 9 years ago

Though they did not have the right to shout at you as they did, they had every right to speak to you only in Greek and not in English - it is NOT one of the languages of this country. The same as if I went to any other country and expected them to know Greek in a policestation - it isn't going to happen.

I would recommend that you speak to the citizens advice bureau in your town and then contact the divisional headquarters of the police in your area - you can find it in that link above. I would also copy the letter it to the editors of the Cyprus Mail and/or Cyprus Weekly.

The Police should be taken to task for things that they do wrong - don't mix what they do wrong, with what you want personally.

Sorry no image available

Chief Constable where? If I try to get his name from the same police station they will probably not give it after the way they behaved at the weekend. It was the person in charge that night that raise his hand to my face.

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

junemichael , have you put a letter in to the chief consable with your complaint ? . if he does not take action i feel you may have to go to nicosia with it .

Sorry no image available

Thank you this is very helpful

Sorry no image available