DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EAC-Is it burglary?

Posted by crowbar-694530 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by raimie - 8 years ago

They say Dick Turpin wore a mask! - they say a 1.5% hike! This corresponds to an increase of the fixed part of my bill [ also charged from November 09 ] of almost 40%. That is what we have to pay in cash - 40% more - nothing to do with the units used. If I work it out at the last bill's charges the amount to pay is 40% less. I am on Tariff 5 which I think is the normal one. I will be going to ask about this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miguel-661697 - 8 years ago

Crowbar

If you look at the 'Home and Garden' section under 'Local Discussions' you'll find the topic you were looking for.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

The price for electricity did not increase by 40% from 1st January. There was a 1.5% hike, but according to this article in the Cyprus Mail the price will now be reduced by 1%.

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/electricity-prices-be-cut-one-cent/20100127

When I have had problems with the Electricity Authority in the past, they have always been most helpful and accommodating.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tricky-674129 - 8 years ago

Cyprus electricity board have been fined by the EU ........ guess who has to pay... yes you and I "the consumer " you are wasting your time and raising your blood pressure trying to complain about anything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

If it is something you feel so strongly about, then I would consult with the citizens advice bureaus and also speak to a lawyer - they will be able to get an answer for you.