DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

early release of pension from uk

Posted by vanessavr - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by IvanInkling - 8 years ago

Transferring your pension outside of the UK can incur a lot of hiddeen charges, be careful if you are advised to take the latest craze thats advertised everywhere, QROPS might cost you a lot more than you think. They have taken over from Self Invested Personal Pensions for offshore salesmen. Expat Informer had an interesting article on ttransferring pensions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 8 years ago

Hi Vanessa

I retired at 54 and had an option to take part of my occupational pension as a lump sum. Much depends on the company your dealing with and the T&Cs of their pension scheme.

Rgds,

Sorry no image available
Posted by gazzaga - 8 years ago

Hi DeVere is registered with the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission. If you feel they hane misled you, you could make a formal complaint to them

http://cysec.gov.cy/default_en.aspx

Sorry no image available
Posted by Caroline-660073 - 8 years ago

Hi Vanessa, there is a company that advertises here with AI that do a lot with frozen pensions and also have written an info page on this site.

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/countries/cyprus/qrops.asp

My husband used them a while ago (and is very pleased) and we have friends that have also used them. Tell them Caroline and Bill sent you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mariepage-673266 - 8 years ago

Hi Anyone is entilted to take there private penison out from the age of 55 some as early as 50. I have just taken mine out at 50 wiyh a yearly penison and a lump sum.

Hope this as helped.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeeBurrows-698890 - 8 years ago

Hi Vanessa

Not been in your situation but I remember seeing an article in one of the Paphos magazines recently about an english company that can help with pensions, might be worth a talk to. Its horizon there website is www.hgcyprus.com or you can call Mark Davies the managing Director 26818358.