DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting Double Taxation Relief - fee increase

Posted by mindvoyager - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 9 years ago

Just a quick update, we submitted our forms to the Cypriot Tax authorities on 23 Nov 2009 and received a letter from our UK tax office acknowledging we are now only paying Cypriot Tax, on everything. The letter is dated 31st December 2009. There appears to be no delay on either side.

Sorry no image available

We found the process very painless, however we had already registered with the Cypriot Tax Authority and had a Cypriot Tax number, so all the tax man needs to do is to sign the 'DT Individual' UK Tax form and send it off. I assume that if you are not already registered and are on their database (which he checked) all the documents are needed to get this process started. We used a local accountant to get registered, he told us what documents to provide and he did the running around.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jeannie-677960 - 9 years ago

We took ours into the Paralimni office in May - we had taken our forms into them on a Friday the week before but we had to get some more documentation for them.  The girl was very helpful but she didn't tell us that if we had  taken them back the same day we could have avoided the charge. She told us not to expect to hear anything for at least 3 months. However, I spoke to the tax office in the UK yesterday and they are still "nearly at the front of the queue" for processing  our applications so don't expect a quick decision!

Sorry no image available

Thanks for all the help. We submitted our forms yesterday. For any one who has to submit to the Nicosia office - first go to the Collection Office on the corner of Aipeias and Byzantioy st, there are the usual flags flying outside, ( just down the road from the immigration office in Strovolos) get your 80 Euro stamps then go back down the road take the 1st left. The Tax Office is on the 5th Floor above Goody's , the entrance is opposite Costa's Coffee. Ask for Mr Georgios Andreou. They are all very helpful and will send the forms to UK once signed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zany-684605 - 9 years ago

Inland Revenue Department
M. Karaoli & G. Avxentiou Corner, 1472 Nicosia

Sorry no image available
Posted by mindvoyager - 9 years ago

I don't have a problem with this except annoyance at the rip-off, I just thought some people might appreciate the information. I live in Limassol, so I've no idea where the Revenue office is in Nicosia. The Limassol office is upstairs above the main Post Office, near the police HQ. One thing I am sure of: going in person works better than letters or phone.

Sorry no image available

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/countries/cyprus/contacts2.asp

Sorry, only one of the links appeared on the last message.

Sorry no image available

http://www.lowtax.net/lowtax/html/jcypetx.html#income

his may help if you want to write to them. I don't know Nicosia but perhaps someone else will be able to give you directions if that is where you live.

Sorry no image available

Hi,Can you tell me where the office is? We have e-mailed, no reply, tried to telephone, but they do not answer. We cannot find there address in Nicosia anywhere.Many thanks