DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

immigration

Posted by pkb1 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pkb1 - 8 years ago

hoi Tony, could you tell me which company please just in case?

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonypp - 8 years ago

Health cover will vary from person to person. I wasn't working so needed proof of health cover. I notice another person said she wasn't asked about this but she was working. If you are working your employer should be taking Cyprus national insurance and once you have started paying you get full health cover. Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

hi.i think if the insurance is insisted upon you can get the cheapest available to show immigration but then cancel it with the insurance company after a month

Sorry no image available
Posted by tonypp - 8 years ago

I went to immigration. They explained the NHS health card was for visitors so if you are under the penson age you need medical cover if you want to live here. They sent me across the road and I got private insurance for 190euros. Back to immigration and they gave me my registration. Easy but the insurance is only for minimal cover. Tony

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah_Pyrgos - 8 years ago

Hi we registered on Friday in Limassol and there was no mention of any health care cover. I work full time at the moment and my understanding is that as long as one of you is earning over 980 euros then you can both register together. All we had to do was take proof of my job and passports and marraige certificate.

Sorry no image available
Posted by baroomeeter-698967 - 8 years ago

if you hold a E.U passport or EU id card you are covered in 26 countries only here are you told different over 60 [f] 65[m] i have now lived in 4 E.U states here seems to to think its different ,go to general hospital admin they will tell you but beware there attitude again is much to be desired but stick it out

Sorry no image available
Posted by normanmay - 8 years ago

hi from 1 may 2010 european health care changed you will have to get a form from england s1 was e121 dont know if you can down load it.the e111 are not now valid it is ehic that lasts for 5 years does not cover people living in a other european only visitors to other european best bet is to check on gov web site

british gov now pay for this health care due to changes on 1may 2010

Sorry no image available
Posted by bubblemaker;oP - 8 years ago

Hi

My Hubby was in the same situation and I work full time-we had a joint account to prove income, and an E111 card-nothing private. He still registered, maybe she can ask advice from the "citizens advice " but I doubt she will have a problem.... Similarly the account to which her pension goes into should be fine as "financial support".

rergards

Sorry no image available
Posted by pkb1 - 8 years ago

hi, my friend doesnt work she is on a disabillity pension, her husband works full time

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra46-681487 - 8 years ago

Don't know if you are retiring age or not, but the E111 is supposed to give a basic cover anyway. we retired here and had a E121, which was o.k. we don't/didn't have private insurance, and had no problems.