DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Immigration Lawyer - Non eu citizen

Posted by aliscot - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 12)

Sorry no image available
Posted by aliscot - 9 years ago

Hi Alexia,

Thanks for the info i will contact them.

The visa is for my Partner who is Russian.She is having problems getting a visa as she does not do paid work in Cyprus. She does however volunteer her services as a fully qualified classical ballet teacher in addition to being a maths and IT teacher, free of charge to the local community in Oroklini.

Unfortunately the Cypriot authorities cannot seem to grasp the concept of volunteer work to share different cultures for the benefits of the local community.I have been advised by a few people that getting a lawyer is the best option and after lots of frustration about the only option i seem to have left.All very frustrating when you are trying to give something to the Island and ask for nothing in return!

Many thanks for your help

Ali

Sorry no image available
Posted by Alexia K - 9 years ago

Hello Ali,

I would suggest you get intouch with KISA (Action for Equality Support and Antiracism). They have an office in Limassol 25-443088. Get intouch with them and they can advise you and give you telephone numbers of immigration lawyers. They have an office in Nicosia too but I dont have their number.

Good luck

Alexia