DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

learnt the hard way

Posted by sonic07 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

aarghhhhhh... sorry for the typos. Cyberspace gremlins sent that message before it was ready!

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

If you ship internationally by container you will find that many insurance policies offered by the shippers only cover individual items IF THE SHIPPERS HAVER PACKED THEM (i.e you didn't pack them yourselves).

Another 'Catch 22' to watch out for is that many of the insurance policies only cover you if the whole container is lost...e.g. overboard).........

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Sonic,

Was this move from the UK to Cyprus or from one Cypriot town to another?

The reason I ask is, if it was from the UK to Cyprus then it's likely your contract would be covered under English law and you would have a cast iron case against the company.

A move within Cyprus would be different as Cypriot law, although it has its foundation based on English law, is another matter and you'd need help with that to fight your case.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheeky73 - 8 years ago

Hi

Sorry to hear that.

When we came out 4 years ago, me and my mum made sure we wrapped and packed everything ourselves.

We could have had it packed, but we decided against it, prefering to do it ourselves, for obvious reasons.

Glad we did, because everything came as good as when it left our house. Nothing was damaged. We had bubble wrap, newspaper and boxes coming out of our ears!

Takes a long time and its tedious, but its so so worth it.

Irene x