DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Loan not from the Bank, Possible

Posted by zenosto - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by zenosto - 8 years ago

Yesterday i've went to one of Cooperetive bank. This time they gave me an answer - Must have at least one Cyypriot guarantor (unfortunately i don't have). Still looking for solution... Thanks for response.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Have you tried the Cooperative banks - they are normally more lenient than the commercial banks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zenosto - 8 years ago

The bank does not gave me any explanation. But i think the reason is that i'm no Cypriot or i don't have Cypriot guarantor (it's my wife). So i like to know, that is any other companies which offering loans in Cyprus? I mean not banks.

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hello Zeno,

I echo the comments of Journo. Be very careful who you arrange a loan with. Do not sign anything until you've been able to read, and fully understand, what you are commiting to.

Did the bank explain why they wouldn't lend you the money? Not reaching the criteria is a bit of a get out. Go back and ask them to explain their reasons.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

Please be very very careful. There are plenty of loan sharks in Cyprus who will be more than willing to lend you an amount like that - but at extortionate interest rates,