DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

not allowed heating allowance tsada, why?

Posted by sfield1023 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 7 years ago

Yes Graham some of our neighbours who have bought a property and lived here for a few years don't need to either.We are renting and it is our 2nd winter, the first form we filled in asked if we were working or retired, as we found out you receive less if you declare that you are retired.Still heard nothing, fingers crossed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 7 years ago

We've never had to fill in a form and we've had the mountain living allowance every year since we've been here. But then our village is small, and the Mukhtar's secretary knows everybody so maybe she just does all the paperwork. Either way up, we get a cheque every year......

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 7 years ago

The allowance is from the EU for all villages over 600metres. It is not a heating allowance its an economic allowance to help keep the villages alive, to pay for fuel to drive to work an back etc.
You need to fill in a form at the office where you pay your rates and water bills, however the forms have not arrived yet, they get later each year and with the state of the EU at the moment they may not arrive at all.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 7 years ago

There is a minimum period of residence required to qualify for the mountain living allowance (not, strictly speaking, a heating allowance - but I know what you mean!). I'm not sure if it's a standard period island-wide, but in our village you have to have lived here more than 6 months of the calendar year. October clearly wouldn't qualify you.
That Guy - you normally wouldn't expect to get your cheque until well into the following year; over the last few years ours has arrived any time between late January and the beginning of July!

Sorry no image available
Posted by That Guy - 7 years ago

i live in tsada too.. i have been here for long enough but received nothing this year... has anybody received the allowance?