DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pension advice

Posted by scotmum - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Didds - 9 years ago

Hello Scotmum,

We used a company in Cyprus called Expat Financial Advice. Really helpful and knew what they were talking about. We have since recommended friends and they have also been pleased with their service. There contact details can be found here

www.expatriatefinancialadvice.com

Hope that helps and good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Again Scotmum,

Here's the Dept. for Work & Pensions website www.dwp.gov.uk it's had a complete new look since we needed to use it so you'll have to do a search on it for private pension advice.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Scotmum,

Was this pension opened and paid into in the UK? If so then any independent advisor in the UK will be able to answer your questions.

If you moved here from the UK with the pension in place and began working and continued paying into the scheme whilst here in Cyrpus then it could be a bit more complicated. My wife had a similar situation 18 months ago luckily our pension provider in the UK was able to sort it out with a few phone calls and emails (always get it in writing)

At the time the Dept. of Work and Pensions website - in the UK - had some useful pages of information which offered guidence. I'll see if I can find the link for you. Don't wait too long though because the rules in the UK change at the end of March.

Johnners