DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Police check for employment

Posted by hotseatLmm - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hotseatLmm - 8 years ago

Hi,thanks for your rely, I have just returned from the Uk and want to register my Nurse qualification, but was told by a friend who registered with Ministry of health Nicosia 3 years ago that they stipulated being here 6 months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hotseatLmm - 8 years ago

The Free Criminal check (CRB in UK) is part of the documentation I need to register with the Cyp Ministry of health Nursing and Midwifery Council , my Uk nurse registration.

also i forgot to ask if I should have gone to Immigration first, as there is this confusion with Cyprus, in that I am an EN U national....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Webgine Limted - 8 years ago

You must be resident in the republic of Cyprus for at least 5 years and i think it costs around 20 EUR, it can be made on the same day, depending how busy they are

Sorry no image available
Posted by lime-676998 - 8 years ago

Assuming that the supporting documents regarding criminal check are required by migration authorities, I would suggest double-checking whether they have to be provided by the police in Cyprus or other state authorities of your country of nationality... I cannot seem to remember any person/authority requesting such a check to be performed with Cyprus police for EU/third-country nationals applying for employment, so the matter looks really peculiar. 

In case you do have to apply to police in Cyprus, I would suggest telling them who asked you to perform such a check - most likely they will know more and will be able to issue it for free within a number of days. Generally speaking, such checks do not have any conditions as to the duration of residence - they can only reveal that you have been registered with the police, that you have not been convicted in Cyprus and that you are not presently wanted for any crime.