DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

prime tel contract

Posted by debby-695657 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by debby-695657 - 8 years ago

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY I WILL RING AS SUGGESTED AND ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER.TO BE HONEST I WAS WAITING FOR OVER HALF AN HOUR IN THE SHOP 4 OTHERS WERE WAITING BEHIND ME.THE GUY WAS GETTING VERBAL ABUSE FROM THE CUSTOMER BEFORE HE SERVED ME AND THEIR WAS A TRAFFIC WARDEN DRIVING UP AND DOWN OUTSIDE TRYING TO NICK PEOPLE AS ITS ALL YELLOW LINES OUTSIDE THE SHOP. BY THE TIME HE GOT TO ME HE WAS LIKE {THE COMPUTER SAIS NO} I LEFT FEELING DESPONDENT.HE COULD HAVE MADE A CALL FOR ME I THINK THIS WOULD HAVE SHOWN A BIT MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE. HOPEFULLY THEY MAY TAKE PITY ON ME,I LIVE IN HOPE

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

I agree with you B-Negative that Debby is likely to be tied to the contract but I would have thought Primetel need to look at the wider picture. When they do have the facilities in place to serve the area she has moved to Debby won't want, and I wouldn't either, a contract with such a narrow minded and less than helpful company.

Perhaps Debby you should get back in touch with Primetel, and in the nicest possible way, demand to speak to a manager who has some influence in these matters. If I was running the business I would want keep as many customers on my books as possible.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by B-Negative - 8 years ago

Hi there,

it is not the fault of PrimeTel that you moved to an area they do not currently cover. You are still bound to the 2 year contract you signed. You will need to try talking to PrimeTel to see if you can come to an arrangement.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Debby,

Can't answer your query directly but have you looked at www.cyprusbroadband.net/ and logged onto their forum?

If you post your question there I suspect you'll get some useful feedback I can't believe you'll be the only person to have been in this situation.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by lime-676998 - 8 years ago

Eh, you signed the contract for one specific location - as far as I remember, their standard contract has no guarantee that you can move the service to ANY other location (although you can ask them to move it to any location covered by Primetel's service)...

IMO, Primetel's refusal to postpone the contract is very much justified and the best you can do is ask them to be reasonable and help you out (but they do not have to do that).

Should you cancel direct debit - most likely they will sleep on it for a few months or until the end of your contract and than sue you. In any event, such default will affect your credit ratings.