DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

re: Maintenance Charges

Posted by George Price - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 8 years ago

You're welcome George,

A 70% saving is not to be sniffed at. When you set up your committee, one quite common problem you may encounter is people failing to pay their maintenance charges. But with a lawyers involvement it should be possible to take action again non-payers to try and recover unpaid bills.

Regards,

Sorry no image available
Posted by George Price - 8 years ago

Hi and thanks for your usefull advice and links. I followed up on the 3D insurance and it comes in at less than Euro 2,000 and if the pool & lift maintenance is Euro 70 per month as per adverts, excluding cleaning costs, overall we can make savings on maintenance charges of nearly 70% if we run it ourselves.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Drisky - 8 years ago

Hi George,

We have formed our own committee on our site and it works very well although someone has to be responsible for the cash flow.I can also recommend Marios Potamitis Ltd as Insurance Agents who carry out the type of insurance you need. We recently had reason to make a claim for one of the apartments and they were excellent. It was handled very efficiently. May be worth getting a quote from them too. Their telephone number is 25363341 or 99687297 and email is mariospotamitisltd@cytanet.com.cy

Concerning the E70 a month for both the pool and the lift I think that's a bit optomistic but good luckwith it.

Regards

Diane