DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

refund from Flyglobespan?

Posted by stellaluna-664983 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 9 years ago

Thank you very much, peeps, with your advice. I live in Cyprus and paid with my credit card (Visa). I will check on Monday.

In the UK they have experience with these events, but here, I don't know how clued up they will be.

To tell the truth, I don't care if I don't go to the UK, but for people who really want to and have paid, it's a shame. I don't know how the EU has left this loophole that we can be fleeced in this way. I even paid for the non-existent meals both ways!

For some years now, I've hopped around enjoying Europe using Air Berlin, Sky Europe, EasyJet, Nikki Lauda etc, just booking with my credit card. I would never do it again, so I think these low-cost airlines must be doomed. So we are back as hostages to the big rip-off airlines.

To attend a funeral three years ago I was charged 440 POUNDS by BA.

Guess we better get used to enjoying Cyprus.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Stellaluna,

It depends how or from who you bought your ticket.

Generally it's as follows:

If bought through a travel agent then you should be ATOL protected and get a full refund.

If you booked direct from the airline then you become a creditor and you're in line with all other creditors, sadly as a would-be passenger you'll be way down the pecking order. BUT if you paid for the ticket with a credit card then you should get a refund from your card provider. If you paid with a debit card you're back in the cue as a creditor as the Consumer Credit Act does not apply to debit cards.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by tikka-664777 - 9 years ago

Have a look at section 75, it may help - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

Otherwise it would be down to either your tour operator or insurance cover.

And expect all other air carriers to triple the cost of their xmas fares due to this & the forth coming BA strike.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tory-687983 - 9 years ago

Hi,

We had this unfortunate experience last year when Excel went bust. We were actually on holiday when it happened and had to pay for an alternative flight home. When we got home we managed to claim back the money for the return part of the Excel flight that we didn't get.

If you have a look on flyglobespan.com it tells you what to do......it mentions that if you contact your credit card/debit card provider they will be able to tell you if you can claim the money back. There is also a contact address for the administrators.

Hope this helps