DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Scam in Cyprus

Posted by garrymoloney - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ask1 - 8 years ago

There are sooooo many of these going around, i think its bad that people still don't realize whats going on. Also work from home, internet jobs etc are all the same give like 100EUR to join or some rubbish. There are loads in Cyprus.

Sorry no image available
Posted by parasar - 8 years ago

The cheques they send you will not be genuine. They are good FORGERIES. Under no circumstances should you bank these. I have been in contact with AMEX these are not real. They will phone you asking that you send an ammount below the face value of the cheques to them via western union or one of the other transfer companies who I might add are totally legitimate. When your bank after a while (clearance takes time) present these pieces of useless paperwork to Amex or any other they will make you responsible for the complete ammount. OOPS. If you have problems feel free to contact me I hate rip off merchants

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hannah5 - 8 years ago

Hello,

and what if the checque comes? If i do anything...there is no problem! Or is it? I think the problem starts when I go to bank, take money etc.....or what do u mean? I also has some strange offer for job and I am not sure if it is scam....as they still tell me that send me some checque before!

Sorry no image available

Usual situation if you give me the address of the scammers I will use contacts in the UK.
reported my problem to local police but they did nothing. You have to go to source.

Sorry no image available
Posted by domenik-709945 - 8 years ago

well util now police didnt do anything

Sorry no image available

I to saw the advert to which you refer. But having already been subject of an attempted scam I declined. The details of the company, you should send to the appropriate authorities
as this is illegal. I have with the original scam that I posted reference contacted a scam complaints authority in the US linked to the FBI. The more that these scam artists are hit by us normal people the better.

Sorry no image available
Posted by domenik-709945 - 8 years ago

yes people be very careful.willl tell u story which happenend with friend of mine.in website www.justlanded.com is posted :"Driver in Larnaca".because that friend was looking for a job at that time.and he call me and said to me that he saw that advertisment and will try.i said to him to be careful.anyhow.in that advertisment was posted that person is looking for a driver for his wife.she will come for 1month for shopping,for doctors and etc.My frined starts talking with him,everything was ok.when one day he call me and said that he received a check.wich was very starnge -because somebody send u check,without any reason.even he never see him live,he didnt do anything and receive a check for very big sume.on the other side that person was given him instruction what to do.to go to the bank to take that money,to leave 300 euro for him and the rest to send him back with western unoin.and everything stop until there.i said to him to dont do anything,because this is a defenetly scam.and we check this one and it is a real estate company in england.so if somebody have the same problem my advise is go to the police imidiately and dont do anything else.

Sorry no image available

Further to the above we have now verified this is a SCAM. It is being investigated by the police and American Express ( whos travellers cheques are being fraudulently used.
If you require further info E.maiL us.

Sorry no image available

Has anyone replied to an advert in Jobs in Cyprus for Mystery Shoppers. If so we believe this may be a scam and we are looking into it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by zany-684605 - 9 years ago

Sorry to hear you've been scammed seems like we need to be looking over our shoulder all the time doesn't it.....lol

I have been doing market research for this company for a few years they pay directly to your bank account no cheques involved.

http://www.internationalservicecheck.com/