DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Setting up Beauty Therapy Business

Posted by greenfly60 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenfly60 - 8 years ago

I wonder why my e mail doesn't show on the original posting?

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenfly60 - 8 years ago

Hi Vinny,
Thank you for your help, much appreciated. I am in Paphos / Polis but I guess the information will be the same.

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 8 years ago

What area?
If its limassol, you go to immigration and change your yellow slip from retired/student/employed to self employed,
You then take this to the department of employment and register your business address and name, they give you a business number.
You then use this to open a national insurance account and they issue you a nation insurance number. (or transfer your current payments to a self employed account)
National insurance is paid in cash every 12 weeks and can vary but is usually about 350 - 400 Euro.
You then need to open a tax account with the tax office and submit an annual account, doesn't mean you will pay any tax, just depends on your submission.
This is basically how to do it, but I am sure there are "variations" with different areas and offices.
If you rent check with your landlord, they have a nasty habit of putting your rent up, and don't do it without the registering, the authority's are looking for money and ex pats advertising services without being registered is being monitored.
Hope this helps,
Regards
Vinny