Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Social insurance services and self employment

Posted by Phoebe-685310 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mickie-670906 - 9 years ago

HI you should find the local office in your area where they can do this for you, mine cost 20 euro to get done and took three weeks but it has been worth it. Once you have a Social Insurance no and pay the first time, ask for a form relevant to your bank so that you can pay on-line in the future, saves the hassle of having to go to pay and the queuing is awful, also did my Car licence here.
Once registered as S/E you can get a medical card from your local citizens office, it is on the Beach road in Limassol but not sure in Pafos.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Paphos Tony - 9 years ago

Hi Phoebe,

I believe the Social Insurance office is in the old town very close to the Museum, (past the Cyta office).

It wouldn't hurt to pop in and see them before your migration interview

Sorry no image available
Posted by Phoebe-685310 - 9 years ago


Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm in Paphos. Do you know if you have to do this before the interview?

Thanks again,

Sorry no image available
Posted by connor-670505 - 9 years ago

You'll have to register at your local Social Insurance office.

Not sure where you are located but in Larnaca its just off Makarios Avenue and close to the police station.