Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


tax on uk pensions for expats

Posted by dev-694290 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gazzaga - 6 years ago

Div Bedi at div@clearlyread.com


Sorry no image available
Posted by agobard - 6 years ago

When you take your Double Taxation Application form to the tax office, be sure to take cash with you as they charge to stamp this form.   Not sure how much it is now but when I went a couple of years ago it was 80 euros.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dwnldfld - 6 years ago

Hi Dev,

Hope the move went on OK.

If you're still having problems with your tax on your pension, I can recommend FAA Ltd.

They were very helpful to me with my tax queries. their website is www.faaltd.com and phone number is 25 825 876. They are licensed in Cyprus and registered with CIFSA and FEIFA

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 9 years ago

Hi Dev,

My wife is a former teacher and receives her teacher's pension here without any UK tax being deducted. (This has nothing to do with being non-domiciled).

If you spend more that 183? days a year here, you become liable to pay Cyprus Income Tax on your world-wide income. What you need to do when you register with the Inland Revenue here is to give them a part completed "DT Individual" form (download from http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/dtindividual.pdf ) that enables you to relief from paying UK tax under the UK/Cyprus Double Taxation Agreement.

Cypriot tax rates a very favourable - take a look at PWC's handy tax guide at http://www.pwc.com/en_CY/cy/publications/assets/pwc-cy_tff10_en.pdf

You hubby can do the same - get all your pensions paid gross and pay you tax here.

Take a look though the UK Customs and Excise Centre for non-residents at http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/CNR/ - there's plenty of information for you.