Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Temporary residence question?

Posted by TAFF29 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve5436 - 8 years ago

If you intend on living in one of the villages that are on SBA property then you should gain permission from the local Fiscal officer either at Epi or Dhk. To get employment in the Republic then you will need to get a form from Customs which will require the employer to fill out a section to prove employment unless it is cash in hand.

I have been over here for 2 1/2 years with fiancee and have brought the wedding forward due to the unforeseen pressures that you will no doubt encounter whilst serving out here. If you need any further info I will gladly reply to any questions you need answering.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve5436 - 8 years ago

You will need to gain permission from the SBA fiscal officer either at Episkopi for the WSBA or the Dhekelia for the ESBA if you plan to live on SBA owned land. Employment on any of the bases tend to be restricted to dependants or LECs, there are jobs available in the Republic but the wages are far lower than you would get in the UK.

To get employment in the Republic they should be registered as living in Cyprus unless she is willing to accept a temporary career in bar work, cleaning or any other task that is paid cash in hand. I was in a similar position to yourself and it has put a lot of unnecessary strain on our relationship which almost seen us ending it.

If you need anymore info drop me a PM.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

Providing she is an EU citizen, doesn't intend to work, and you are only going to be here 2 years, just bring her over, you won't have any problems.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

I suggest you contact your families officer or the admin officer of the unit you are being posted to, this can't be an unusual situation and they may be able to advise you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gemmakay - 8 years ago

Its depends on how much you can proof to the authority , Normally average couple has to have atleast 1000euros to stay in Cyprus .I wish you Good luck. cheers