DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

very good lawyer in Nicosia pls?

Posted by kelvin.dayo - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kelvin.dayo - 9 years ago

well yes that is true but its not easy finding a job right now and the labour office would not help either without the yellowslip and for travelling purposes i cant travel right now cause if i do i would or might not be able to comeback which is a pain in the ass. went to the office of the migration and even the immigration but no one would give you a full detial or what the delay is to why the yellowslip is not ready yet so that is why i wanna use a lawyer maybe he or she can know whats wrong or even help u get it faster.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lime-676998 - 9 years ago

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but in accordance with EU Directive 2004/38/EC, the permit must have been issued within 6 months of submitting the documents and it is merely an evidence of the rights that you are entitled to - you have these rights right now, even though you don't have the paper to show for them. Therefore:

1) You can go straight to central migration department in Nicosia, speak with them and (most likely, upon showing the receipt you have from the time of application) get the slip the same day from them. Best course of action is to go straight to the head of the relevant branch (sorry, can't remember the person who is in charge of your type of applications...).

2) You can benefit from your rights right now and do whatever you have to do right now, assuming that it does not involve travelling abroad (it gets a bit more tricky with travelling abroad, although still plausible). For instance, you can start working now and get permit later without any fear of a legal action...