DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

water meter tampering

Posted by linda m r - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

have just been in to water office peyia this morning , there stance is - we have your meter now , see how you like that . i asked hiow often they take some - one to court , the reply we do not need to , try to get a letter from any - body who has worked on your water to cover your self ?.

Sorry no image available
Posted by linda m r - 8 years ago

journo hiya no one has touched or repaired the meter, or to my knowledge been near it, we are certain that the meter is faulty and are at present getting an indepenant engineer to go and check it for us, this is the legal advice we have had so are following that route

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

Linda, there are some instances where people have got themselves in trouble because they have carried out work themselves (or used a private plumber) instead of using the water board's free service.

Any work required on the supply side of the meter should be carried out by the water board. That includes leaks as the water enters the meter. (They usually send someone out straight away, and fix it free of charge, including fixing new valves etc.)

Trying to fix a leak around the meter yourselves can lead to problems.

They have the right to fine or disconnect the service.

Doesn't solve the problem you have now, but might go some way towards answering your 'is it legal' question. Or perhaps explain how you, or someone on your behalf, fixed a leak and landed you in it

Sorry no image available
Posted by linda m r - 8 years ago

baxi, no they are still being really rude and ignorant to us, our next step is seeing a solicitor so not much has happened, we have lots of people backing us up so hopefully we will get the fine dropped, or is that wishful thinking i dont know thanks for enquiring though will keep u posted

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

have you had any luck with the water authority ? .