DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

what rights do we have when buying broken goods

Posted by andi-668571 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sivmetavm - 3 years ago

European legislation gives you protection for 2 years, as long as you keep your receipt. I forced paypal to return money back to me for an item I purchased more than 6 months ago. Since paypal is located in Luxembourg and they follow EU legislation (which i explained to them) in the end they agreed and returned my loss. The same should happen in Cyprus for anything you buy

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nigel Howarth - 3 years ago

AndrewMoni - I had a problem with a garden sprayer I bought from Super Home Centre in Limassol. I returned it the next day and got a replacement - no problem.

Regards,

Nigel

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 3 years ago

I bought a kettle from super home centre that appeared to be faulty.  As I did not keep the box I did not expect them to do anything and bought another kettle.  However, I then found that all similar kettles on sale in other shops appeared to have the same fault so eventually I went in and explained that the kettle was faulty, and I did not have the box.  I got a new kettle - so I have no complaints over their service or guarantee.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnny1 - 3 years ago

keep away from that place that calls itself super home center.

there guarantee is useless and everything they sell is useless..hopeless.

its the new pop life!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Builder Boy - 3 years ago

The people to speak to are the Cyprus Consumers' Association. They can take the case up for you and are very good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sfield1023 - 3 years ago

all shops as far as i know act the same. i bought a hedgetrimmer that had the cord stuck on first pull, he refused to return me mt money this was at l a diy peyia

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

Follow the advice from Achilleas and johnners, but I have to say we have never had any problems with electrical/electronic goods from Kleima, or with their customer service.

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Go to the Citizens Advice Burea (Grafeio tou politi) and tell them - they can help.

Sorry no image available
Posted by andi-668571 - 8 years ago

Hi I was thinking being a phone it wouldnt have a problem as they sell electrical goods etc which normally have alot of faults.

I was passing there and it was late I thought I would quickly pop in to get a phone.

My mistake i suppose.

I just called them as its been a week and still no reply about my phone and there was a guy on the phone who was so rude to me .

he told me he will find out about it as its not his department I told him in a nice way ok fine but when you do please let the person know that I want a reply as Ive been phoning the last few days and no one gets back to me or tomorrow Im going to the store and I wont leave till somene gives me a phone.He said to me stop talking im talking and this isnt my department and I dont care if you come and stand here all day.

I said u cant talk to me like that im just asking you to pass the message down to the next person you are gona talk to, so then I got annoyed and said I want a manager he said there aint one I said its not possible give me one or Im coming now he said come if you want and have coffee with me i dont care and put the phone down on me.

I will never go to that store again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

If you had really insisted they would have given you a replacement phone .

I'm sure this shop buys seconds or previously returned repaired stock .

But as M Gee has commented why did you buy from them if you knew they were not a good company to deal with .