DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Yellow slip

Posted by TATA-693935 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by elena_cyprus - 7 years ago

just get a good lawyer if you have legal problems and tired of waiting but the one who is well known and has good aquaitnaces here in immigration, it really works, it's East here not West! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by domenik-709945 - 7 years ago

really we are so much disapointed abt all this story.and they said that cyprus is in Europe,people have equal rights.ha ha ha dont be stupid.they dont care abt people.am from eu country,my husband no.it means something wrong abt this marriage.helloooo wake up u are in cyprus.whts the matter people.whats wrong if u love somebody and u are married with him.and how is possible some people to get documents after 3-4 months and we are waiting 2 years and still no reply......

Sorry no image available
Posted by doddsyp - 7 years ago

By the way we have been married 10 yr and have a 6 yr old child and never had a problem till one day they decided they needed this apostile on divorce certs.Problem is they dont tell anyone when the goalposts move.

Good luck and stay calm.

Sorry no image available

I had a small prob on my wifes file she is russian the prob was that my divorce paper did not have apostile from UK on it.This was easily rectified the problem was no one told me they just said it's not ready.One day we had to get a re entry visa cos we wanted a holiday went through the process i told you about and the head guy to issue the reentry found the problem told us about it and every thing was fixed and yellow slip issued as soon as i had this apostile.They have a list of things that have to be on your file before issuing if the tinyest thing is missing they seem to just put the file to the bottom of the pile and dont tell anyone.The girls on the desk you speak to just have a computer screen saying NOT READY.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jogi123 - 7 years ago

thanks doddsyp.but how do u know that this will help us to get my husband's yellow slip.and today we went to imigration in nicosia(again) to check what's going on.and the only thing is that they send us from one room to another,from 1 prson to another.and at the end ofcourse the answer(that we hear so many times-u have to wait.we can not do anything.if u want to stay in cyprus u have to wait.)we are sick of all this.and i dont know until when we will have patience.its almost finish.we want only 1 thing-everything to finish at the end,nothing else.and live normal life.

Sorry no image available

Go to immigration in Nicosia and ask to apply for a re entry visa .For this you have to see one of the head guys ,the first thing he does is call the back room people and ask them why you haven't got your slip.Please take my advise and don't start going into all of your troubles when you see him give a smile and tell you want a re entry visa for a family holiday.Once they bring him your file ask the problem they will tell you.
I promise if you go in screaming etc you will get no where fast ,the guy you have to is the head of a very stressed Dept.Also take a picnic it takes a few hours.

Sorry no image available
Posted by soph-678689 - 7 years ago

they tell you 2-3 weeks just to shut you up.we went to Nicosia many times,they tell you they dont have your file now, give you a phone number and send you away.the phone number though, no matter how many times you call or what time of day nobody answers.so there is nothing we can do but wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry no image available

yes soph,the same problem has my husband.he can not do anything,only because he doesnt have yellow slip.they change the law this year and he can not do insurance for our car.i do understand very well.yes but the only thing is somebody tell us how long we have to wait-1,2 4,10 years.HOW LONG?

Sorry no image available
Posted by soph-678689 - 7 years ago

i have been in Cyprus 3 and a half years and i am still waiting.i have had the visit to my home,over a year a go and had another appointment with them 3 weeks ago.i am still waiting!!!!! have been back home to Lebannon a couple of times and every time except the last cos i go with my wife they make problems for me.I think because many people get married just to take papers, they leave you wait to make sure that you stay together, this is why they do a home visit!!i have been married 4 years and have a child. I work have paid everything that is asked of me legally and yet when it came a time when i found myself out of work and went to claim benefits i was not entitled because i dont have my yellow slip.not entitled to buy a car cos dont have yellow slip.not entitled to have motorbike insurance because i dont have yellow slip and the list goes on.sorry to be a bit of a downer but the system really annoys me.went to welfare and was told to try and become a refugee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no image available

hello renata.

i just want to ask u do u still waiting for your yellow slip,or u already get it.but dont worry.we have the same problem.my husband is waiting for his yellow slip since 2 years.and the thing is this nobody knows when he will get it.we went so many times in imigration office in nicosia,but we waste our time.and u know the last time when we went there the lady call the the security.and why-because he just wanted to know that person who can give him answer when his yellow slip will be ready.we have to be patient(they said to us).how long we dont know.