DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Absurd prices - the best yet

Posted by stellaluna-664983 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Oh yes. we follow the BYOB principle. Although we do buy one first drink.

We were just browsing the menu that day and found joke prices.

Sorry no image available
Posted by douglas1-676196 - 8 years ago

Its a great beach but if you want to eat in one of the shacks with eastern block service you have to bite the bullet regarding the prices,but not sure why you would want to drink a bottle of whisky,ouzo or drink wine on a nice summers dayon the beach,I leave that to the tourists and stick to my boring water and have a nice drink when I get back home.

But I do agree that charging these silly prices just drives away local and tourist customers for the future, but those of us that live here know the mentality of some businesses is one hit wonders and do not care about if you want to come back again, we can already see the results of the lack of commercial expertise all around Paphos and Pegeia, the greed is catching. But fortunately some businesses are waking up to the current environment and are still doing well, so my next trip to lady mile beach is a pack up with my own drinks to save being ripped off,happy days thanks for sharing Douglas

Sorry no image available
Posted by Relocating - 8 years ago

How about 18 euro for a bottle of wine that costs just over 3 euro from the winery in Pera Pedi. I know they have to collect it but surely even in a rolls royce it would not cost 15 euros per bottle to collect. That's 180 euros per case. I dont think so!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

We have lunch at Lady's Mile on a regular basis - baguettes & salad from Sigma in Zakaki!!

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Stellaluna,

We visit Lady Mile Beach on a regular basis and never buy anything there. The prices are sky high.

I think your discription 'shack-like establishments' sums the outlets up pretty well!

Johnners