DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lidl Larnaca when?

Posted by paolo-anco - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Some more info for you.

Lidl want to open 15 stores here in Cyprus so another 7 locations to be added to the list I previously posted. They are looking to build stores in areas of 5000 residents or more so feel free to guess at the locations...

Just spotted this on a property developers website, adds a little more detail.

Hadjidemosthjenous Developers started construction of a store for Lidl, a German discount supermarket chain that operates about 8,000 stores worldwide.

The store of approximately 1500 sq. m will be located at the Tombs of the Kings Road, near Venus Hotel. This position is very accessible for locals as well as for holiday makers. It will be extremely convenient not only for Paphos residents but also for large villages nearby, such as Chlorakas, Kissonerga and Peyia.

Works have already commenced and opening of the supermarket is scheduled for September 2010. Lidl has a yearly turnover of 22 billion Euro and ranks 16th among the top global retailers. They sell everything from frozen peas to computers. Success of the chain is based on its own low-cost structure. Many of Lidl products are of their own brand and they are distributed to their stores worldwide at wholesale prices.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Lidl are currently recruiting for the following stores Larnaka, Limassol, Pafos, Kokkinotrimithia, Ormidia, Paralimni, Nicosia & Protaras.

They are also looking to buy or lease land elsewhere to develop more stores.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by desagun - 9 years ago

You say all their branches, any idea where they will be opening, Limassol I hope for one. De

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

Lidly want to open all their Cyprus outlets at the same time and I have been led to believe that there were some snags over the approval of one branch which was therefore delaying the rest. One source told me that they were targetting March 2010. How accurate that is, I don't know.