DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

mason jars or other to store homemade jam

Posted by thisislondon - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by FemmeFatale - 8 years ago

Hello there, cause i make homemade jam too, i have LOTS of empty new mason jars, so i can sell you some if you want. At 5 euros each.
contact me if you still interested at: c.anastasiou@mail.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by thisislondon - 8 years ago

Thanks... yeah I live unfortunately in Limassol so Ikea was out of the question...I knew I had seen them there too!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

Superhomes have lots of 'Kilner' type jars of different sizes as does IKEA if you are near there. I also reuse old glass jars for jams and pickles as long as they are scrubbed and sterilised

Sorry no image available
Posted by thisislondon - 8 years ago

Thank u! I will look both places to get them!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cypruswez - 8 years ago

E & S supermarket used to sell click top jars. You know the contents are air tight as the dimple in the cap clicks in as the contents cool.

We make jam, marmalade, pasatta, and put it in re used click top jars. Never had any problems. Check the seal in the lid is undamaged and there is no rust or scratches. Sterilize jars and lids and bottle everything up while boiling hot.

Make your own labels, and stickers for the lids to cover and brand names. Very acceptable gifts. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by desagun - 8 years ago

I bought my Kilner jars in the Saturday market at Linopetra Limassol, from the chap who sells all the kitchen stuff roughly in the middle of the market. De