DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Missed Food Ingredients

Posted by willaitch - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by willaitch - 8 years ago

Hi Agahm

Thanks for your reply. I live near Paralimni at the eastern end of the island. However, i have been in touch with Olivers recently and plan to go over there in the next two weeks for other items. Many thanks for your time and trouble.

Regards

Will

Sorry no image available
Posted by Agahm - 8 years ago

Hi Will,

i know it's late to answer. But i was just looking for formage frais today thru the internet. I don't know if it far away for you but... i found in Paphos shop in which you can be interested.

http://www.oliversdelicatessen.com/

:) Hope i Help

Sorry no image available
Posted by willaitch - 8 years ago

Hi Toni

Many thanks for your help. I do shop at Orphanides and Carrefour. I will look a bit more carefully. Once again thank you.

Regards

Will Harrison

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tricky-674129 - 8 years ago

Thank you joho ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by JoHo-689100 - 8 years ago

Hi Tricky,

CIS is just off the Paphos to Limassol highway.

If you are driving towards Limassol, turn off at the junction marked Ypsonas and Kouris Dam. At the T junction at the end of the road, turn left towards Ypsonas. Th CIS shop is on your left about halfway down the road.

If you are driving towards Paphos, turn off at the junction marked Ypsonas and Kouris Dam. Then turn right at the junction marked Limassol. CIS is on your right halfway up the road.

It is closed on Sundays and Mondays. I would advise that you ring them up first on 25712573 to make sure they have it in stock. They have a wide selection of stock.

JoHo

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yoshik - 8 years ago

Chillys new shop in Limassol is as follows:

Drive into Limassol on the coast road with 4 seasons on your left. Travel a further 500 meters and it is on the right in a lay by of shops, which is the set of shops before Frydays Fish and Chips.

As for double cream this is available in Orphanides, but is a touch expensive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tricky-674129 - 8 years ago

Could you tell me where CIS is located as I have been looking for granary flour for ages .. many thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by PEDS111 - 8 years ago

I agree, the low fat natural yoghurt is a really good and cheap substitute (and healthy) for creme fraich, sour cream or fromage frais. I make beef strogonoff etc........ with it and you really cant tell.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

Hi WillI'm sorry I don't know your part of the island, so can only give help on the areas I know. I have bought Vanilla pods ( in a cigar like tube) at Carrefours, Golden Caster Sugar at Ophinides ( sorry about spelling). Also dried Shitaki mushrooms in both, in the oriental food areas. In Limmasol, if you are in the area, there is CIS, (Grapevine Magazine has a good map) which has a lot of good UK food stuffs, including granary flour, and a range of herbs and spices not available elsewhere, for example juniper berries. There is also Chillys in Limassol, which is opening a new shop, but not sure where that is as I live up in Troodos Mountains. Creme Fraiche and fromage frais seem to be about mainly at Christmas time but are usually flavoured and very expensive. However I have used the low fat Greek Yoghurt for some recipes with these in and have found it works well.RegardsToni