DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sensibly priced UK food.

Posted by desagun - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 41 to 42)

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 9 years ago

Hi desagun, I use these shops quite a bit, we have another one just opened in Episkopi Village its called GB's I think they are all great and not just for what they sell but the way they do business, they are renting property, paying wages, shipping goods from the UK and they have staff in the UK sourcing and purchasing the products.

Its strange how 99% of their items are priced very competitively, kind of makes a joke of the argument everything on the island is expensive because of shipping costs?

I wonder if the big guys should be striking the deals and purchasing items cheaper, or are they and just charging top price with maximum profit. carrefore branston pickle €3.50 in GB €2, pack of 6 toilet rolls carrefore €2.60 in GB store €1.50. You would think the big guys would be in a better position to strike keener deals but obviously not!

As I said good to see, I take my hat off to these guys. (Maybe carrefore (second largest store chain in the world next to wallmart) should employ these guys in their purchasing department).

Regards

Vinny

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

Just been to new cyprus discount stores, lots more stuff there than in flee market and small shop, well worth a visit some stuff even cheaper than uk. plus nice pleasant people.