DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Amazon.co.uk electronics to Cyprus

Posted by dvj1969 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dvj1969 - 8 years ago

much much clearer, many thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nicola-660448 - 8 years ago

When you go into Amazon, you first select the category of items you want to buy i.e. clothing, then filter it down to say womens, then again to jeans etc. when you have done this on the left hand side where you have been choosing these options there are lots of different filters you can apply, ie. size, colour, brand etc. if you go down the page on the left there is a filter called 'seller' if you tick the amazon box then you will only get the products sold by Amazon and they will always deliver. Hope this is a bit clearer!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

I have had no problem with Amazon, they are great. The merchants that trade through Amazon sometime will not send to Cyprus, however I have been on to their own websites and sent them an e-mail and have had success in them sending here. For example Solar external lights. However the couriers sometimes used by Amazon will not deliver outside of the main towns here and this does cause problems as I am still waiting for a DVD tracked to DHL Cyprus ( not informed which office) on 20th Dec but cannot be traced.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dvj1969 - 8 years ago

thanks for your replies... .where is that exactly on the left-hand side?
i've just been informed in an email that i got a refund on an item ordered pre-Xmas, which i never sought, and another email saying they received the return... also something i never sought... i suppose that means my order failed?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nicola-660448 - 8 years ago

Hi, the easiest thing to do is to go down the left hand column on amazon and just select 'amazon' as the merchant. You are probably finding products from suppliers that do not ship to Cyprus. Amazon will always ship and so do quite a few others but you have to individually check the shipping rates for the other suppliers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazzi-660835 - 8 years ago

Hi, will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, as I can't get anything I want delivered here from Amazon! I gave up tonight and had the items delivered in the UK and they will be posted on by a friend. How do you get your stuff sent here?

Sorry no image available
Posted by sgata - 8 years ago

I am another pro Amazon. This is now the 2nd year where I have done most of my christmas shopping with them. I have found their delivery estimates spot on. With the packaging I find that if it is large and comes via the post office the boxes they are nearly always damaged in some way. The stuff from the that has come via UPS is in perfect condition.
Last year I had to made a claim for an item that arrived with parts missing inside. They refunded my money very easily (no hassle like I would have had if I had bought the item in Cyprus I am sure). This year something went missing in the post once again a positive outcome.
I feel very happy shopping with them and the prices including shipping is very much cheaper than shopping in the local stores.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

I have found Amazon to be excellant. Timescales to Limassol area are usually 7 days - worst case 10 from order to delivery at house. Does not help that we only have two deliveries a week!! Never had a problem so far - even when ordering via amazon.co.uk I have noticed that the goods have usually been sent from germany and not the UK. Agree though that their packaging is heavily reliant on the manufactureres original packing with Amazon effectively only putting an additional wrapper on it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PolemiMike - 8 years ago

I was amazed before Christmas to visit the new Post Office in Paphos to collect a parcel from Amazon - and to see the MOUNTAIN of Amazon boxes it came from.

There are still some things Amazon won't ship here - mainly stuff that's controlled by US legislation in some way. I've come across it with some computer stuff. But I have had a laptop shipped here by them (at a fraction of the local cost) and some external hard disks (about the half the price of Stephanis).

The warranty issue is very real. I bought an electronic product from a small retailer in the UK - and it arrived broken. It took a month of being nice and then threatening the sale of goods act to get it swapped.

A problem with Amazon is some of the packaging they use just isn't up to scratch. Several times I've collected stuff from the Post Office to find the contents spilling out through the crushed cardboard packaging.

Their time estimates are wildly optimistic too - add at least a week to whatever estimated delivery they quote.

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

I do not think it matters what is in the package - it is much more a question of what country did it come from - where was it posted.