DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any college for media and television in Cyprus?

Posted by Stefan.N - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hello Stefan,

Inter College and Cyprus College both run courses in various aspects of media. Inter has full TV studio facilities and seems to be more towards hands on practical experience. Cyprus College (now European University Cyprus) is more theory based, news writing etc.

I assume they take students from 16 plus but worth giving them a call to check. Inter used to do Saturday morning 'specials & open courses' but that was a couple of years ago, when I was last there.

I was interested in offering my services as I've worked in TV & Radio for oodles of years. I remember playing music off black round pieces of plastic and operating VTR's which used 2inch wide tape... oh how things have changed!

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by andystonach - 9 years ago

Hi, as far as I could make out there isn't. I run a small school near Paphos and wanted to offer Media GCSE but no exam boards would send the papers over here; they said at the time that it wasn't available in Cyprus. Sorry to be negative, if you do find anything let me know so I can point my students in their direction.
Cheers, Kari