DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anybody recommend a freight company?

Posted by philandbev - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by philandbev - 8 years ago

Its definitely Pompey, I can almost hear the groans from Fratton Park from my garden!!

Thanks for all your advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by DaveLewis - 8 years ago

Must be something about Portsmouth - maybe the footie team!! We moved to Paphos last December and used Overs of Aldershot who were cheap, incredibly efficient and fitted in well with what we needed. Give them a try, our contact was Matthew Hall. 0800 243433

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

For a small consignment like this I'd use Fast Lane International, www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk

They pick up from anywhere in UK and your stuff arrives at your local TNT depot; depending on how much there is and how close you are to them they may deliver it to you or you may have to collect - a small inconvenience when look at the prices; less than half other couriers. Comes by road and air - usually takes about 10 days, but we have had stuff here in 6. Never had any problems with customs and never had any boxes opened.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve & Mae - 8 years ago

We used White & Co in the UK. They were very good and we had no problems plus no duty this end (becaused they had done all the paperwork correctly at their end). However we had a 40' container with all our furniture plus car. Given that we think they do part loads so would be worth contacting to ask (they are all over the UK). Suggest you use someone reputable in the UK to avoid problems this end. If you just send some boxes customs this end will want to look through them and you will be charged. If a reputable company (e.g.White's or similar) import with a full inventry then you will have little, if any, problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steveh-698168 - 8 years ago

Hi

I also moved from Pompey last May, and I shipped over my car and several cases of personal effects using a company Elite Shipping. They are based in Derbyshire but they operate out of Southampton. With my car I had to drive to the port, but with the personal cases they did a roadside pick up from my home address, then 15 days later I picked up cases from Shipping agents in Limassol.

No problems with the service however didn't compare prices with others!! tel number +44 1246 451 231

One other thing to take into account I had to pay duty on my cases to release from agents here in Cyprus around 270 euros for approx 250kg