DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

anyone else having trouble with play.com?

Posted by stellaluna-664983 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Good idea, Johnners. will try from my Google email.

Thanx

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi again Stella,

Try again with that email address. I sent a question yesterday, just to see if I would get a response, and within four hours I'd had a reply. If you don't receive an answer soon have you another email account you could send from? I'm just wondering if your current address/message is being dumped into a spam folder.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

Hi Dave

That was the email address I used. Maybe I'll try again (groan).

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

Hello again stellaluna.Sorry you are still having problems with play.com.I mirror you with my online purchases....books from play and smellers from feel unique.Did you use the e-mail address I mentioned?Perhaps I was especially lucky as the debit card problem was sorted and the 2 books I had ordered are on their way

Sorry no image available

Thanks, Johnners. I hope it wasn't that Carribean crew I wasted money speaking to (i.e. hitting a blank wall) on their help (LESS) desk. Outsourcing is really not working.

Was just reading an article in the Sunday Times - seems electronic books are taking over and publishers may have to scrap their warehouses. Looking to the future.

Me - I like to read a real book and a real newspaper,

Play.com were SO good. Fortunately Feelunique.com are still brilliant. No charges. Just received A'kin (pure, natural ingredients) shampoo, conditioner, body wash for 15 Pounds!!!!!

Imagine if you went to the local health shop what you would pay!!!

Hope Play.com get it together, but to be honest - how can they afford to send a large-format hardback book and not charge postage. (my last successful order).

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi again Stellaluna,

Apparently some of the customer service enquiries via email are dealt with via the American arm of Play (playusa.com) so the delay in your reply may just be the time difference, 8 to 11 hours back.

Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

customercare@play.com was the one I used

Sorry no image available

Hi. At about the same time as I posted last night I sent them an e-mail and have got an answer and they have sorted out whatever the problem was.I'll post in a minute which e-mail address it was

Sorry no image available

Hi Dave

I got their email address from this thread and sent them an emal. I got a standard reply that they deal with complaints within 72 hours, but I haven't heard any more.

Maybe the company has financial problems?

Let me know how you get on.

Sorry no image available

hi stellaluna.Have you managed to sort out the problem as I am now having the same.I have changed my cards before and not met with any difficulty but this time even entering the card details twice,the transactions are getting declined