DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

areas other than limassol!

Posted by steffnixon - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 14)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steffnixon - 8 years ago

Hi Aase

thanks for the reply. its funny u should mention erimi school - this time last yr someone said I should put my boys into erimi greek school because there were more foreign kids there but I reckoned that with living in Episkopi it was silly not to use the local school. Is it possible to change them now I wonder or would that be a mistake in itself?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Aase - 8 years ago

Sorry but can't suggest any area as I have felt the same way as you. We live in Pyrgos, on the other side of Limassol. The kids go to an international school and I have made friends with the other mums there but really miss having a community and having friends in the neighbourhood. My kids miss it even more and I find that at the weekends we either drive half-way across Limassol for them to visit friends or we don't do much at all and they are bored.

I am surprised that Episkopi is like that, I thought there were quite a few expat families there. We have friends in Erimi and their kids go to the local school. I understand there are lots of foreign children there and the kids love it.

Despite never feeling 'at home' here, as in being part of a community, we have really enjoyed living in Cyprus. Still, it is time to move on, and we'll be leaving Cyprus in four days for colder shores. We will move to Norway, I do dread the weather and the darkness in the winter but so much look forward to the kids going to the local school and having friends in the neighbourhood. No more 'taxi driving' for me!!!

I hope other people can give you some good alternatives and wish you the best of luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steffnixon - 8 years ago

Hi Dave. We're in Episkopi village .

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

whereabouts in Limassol are you