DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Car Hire

Posted by alliebella6 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by alliebella6 - 9 years ago

Hi,

Thank you everyone for all your replies. Will look into all this when we get over there in two weeks.

Allie

Sorry no image available
Posted by LB-667513 - 9 years ago

Have found Chris's car rental good in Kato Pafos (opposite Papantonou). They will collect you from airport.

Sorry no image available
Posted by babs123 - 9 years ago

Hi we rented our car for 6 weeks and got it for 12e a day from andys in Limasol we tried all over but could get nothing for less than 20e per day.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cat Lady - 9 years ago

Have just read your enquiry and have to tell you that Pafo Rentals (next to Athena Royal Hotel) Poseidin Avenue have always given us excellant service over the years of holidaying here. Now we live here we have recommended them to neighbours and visiting family and friends, all of whom have been very pleased with the outcome. Do pop in and see Dinos and the lovely Emma and they will be pleased to help you, they know us as Geoff & Delia if you want to mention the recommendation. Good Luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

We used to book all our car rentals thru Cyprus Airways website. I dont know if this was the cheapest, but I found their economy car prices reasonable. Havent used them in a couple years though. You can pick up and drop off at the airport with them.

Sorry no image available

Hi Jasond,

Thanks for the cautionary note. We have looked into this quite in depth. I'm in a lucky position where I don't have to work and hubby will be working away most of the time for a UK company. We are just looking at this as a posting for a few years than long term. Mainly coming out to support my mum as my dad is quite ill. Hope it works out for you both.

Allie

Sorry no image available

Hi Johnners,

Thanks for info. Will check websites out and great advice about local ones. Allie

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jasond-678654 - 9 years ago

Caution!
Sorry to put a downer on your dream but if you are worried about eating up your setup savings then cyprus isnt for you, look carefully into the cost of living here, look carefully into what job you will do and most importantly the average wage here.
My wife and i were blinded by the sun, dont be because one day you will ask yourself why is everyone leaving!
Best of luck if you have done your homework and if it works out then great, we are still trying to make it work here, but make sure you do the homework!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Allie,

Try this link http://www.cyprus-car.com/ plus http://www.elephantrentacar.com/ we've used both and had great cars and service. Both companies do drop off at the airports.

Once you're here go and chat face to face with a local hire firm and see what sort of deal you can get. You'll be arriving here in off season so most companies will be glad of a car out on a longer hire period.

Johnners