DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

CPAG

Posted by Andyp-695384 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Charina,

I was making the point that we must not blur the boundries. Freedom of speech is one thing we both agree on. But whilst a case is ongoing freedom of speech effectively takes second place to the process of law.

What was posted on another website and possibly repeated elsewhere either on the web or in letters, posters etc has been judged to be incorrect/unfair/libel (the court papers will specify exactly what) hence the interim court order. As the case is still active to publish any part of it could be seen as a repeat of the libel/incorrect info etc. This could then have further implications, someone else being sued or prejudice the case.

In my original post I said It would be wrong to speculate about the details (for both sides in this case) and doing so would/could prejudice the case That has not changed as the case is active. The Cyprus Mail reports on the case http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/property-action-group-gagged/20100425 but if you notice they don't repeat any of the original claims. The Cyprus Mail simply reports what is on record at the court - the only thing they can do as a responsible publication and to stay within the law.

Anyone can speculate as much as they like on the outcome but that is pointless as it will likely be one of three things: A wins B loses - A loses B wins - A & B agree terms to cease the proceedings.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by Charina-675125 - 9 years ago

Hi Johnners,

I have to disagree with you because we are observers of this case and we ARE free to speculate about the outcome of the case all we want as long as no slander, libel or anything of the sort could be interpreted as you said which is not what is going on in this forum - that is freedom of speech that you said you favour. Seems a contradiction in my humble opinion.

Charina

Sorry no image available

Hello Charina,

I know lots of people are having problems regarding Title Deeds, the process of obtaining them, what developers do even when you've paid in full etc.

I am in favour of freedom of speech but in law there is a vast difference between freedom of speech and publishing something that could be interpreted as liable/deformation etc. As I previously wrote we must not speculate on the outcome of this case. An interim order was given and so the process must be followed. As it's an interim order it's likely an appeal and further hearings will follow.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by Charina-675125 - 9 years ago

Yes, it is all offline now. Seems like an outright violation of freedom of speech - all at the "request of Leptos." I belong to this group about Cyprus Title Deeds on Facebook and saw it here:

http://www.facebook.com/Cyprus.Property

There was just an article in the Cyprus Mail about it too. The link to that is on the page above too.

Sorry no image available

I don't know the details of the Interim Court Order and it would be wrong to speculate and we'd be heading into muddy legal water to do so, but...

You can read the basics here http://www.cyprus-property-action-group.net/update11a.html

Then once you've read that page and click on the 'attached letter' link you'll find this http://www.cyprus-property-action-group.net/update11-Leptos.html

As you'll see CPAG has been asked/forced to remove it. As this in an Interim Order there will be more to come and as such we'll just have to wait and see what the next stage brings.

Just to repeat. It would be wrong to speculate about the details (for both sides in this case) and doing so would/could prejudice the case. Also there would be a likely breach of the terms and conditions of forums like this one and others.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarolH-668583 - 9 years ago

Yes it is true. look on the cyprusliving.org website.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MariaEph320 - 9 years ago

Cyprus Property Action Group

Sorry no image available
Posted by kukoo - 9 years ago

what is CPAG?