DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Customer Service in Cyprus

Posted by Angel75 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosie S - 8 years ago

I received a phone call from a local courier office we use on a regular basis to say I had an envelope for collection.

When I got to the office THEY HAD MOVED so I had to get back in the car and make my way to the new office at a time when traffic was heavy and on the busiest road in town.

I was not amused, why did they not mention it when they called? Even if I was told 6 times on 6 different occasions they would be providing a customer with good service????

Sorry no image available
Posted by danielhoward - 8 years ago

I'm self-employed, and in the business-to-business sector, and get REALLY frustrated.
If I have an enquriy, I'll always try to reply within 24 hours, even if it's a 'thanks for your email/call, I've got the details, and will be able to get back to you soon' if I'm busy.

I've lost count of the amount of times I have an email saying 'I really want to get this done ASAP, so want a fast turnaround', I'd send a price but I wouldn't hear back for a week, when I get a message saying '
Why isn't it done yet?'...I get so frustrated!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgiadis - 8 years ago

I knw what you mean. I am English/Cypriot and I receive the same sevice. I just tell them politely that I will NOT be returning since there customer service is very poor. In my company in England we banned all mobile phones from the workareas and if you were caught wiht it, it would be taken away until the end of the day. It is a health and safety risk after all - if you are concentrating on the phone call you are not concentration on your work, we were in construction.

One place I have found in Cyprus with excellent customer service is the computer shop in Trimklini, the lady that works there is wonderfull, always smiling, happy and nothing is any trouble and I even get offered a glass of cold water when it is hot.

I find small family owned businesses here are much better at customr service as they take care in there custmers, there are far too many east europeans here now that dont seem to care tthey just want their paycheck at the end of the month. We only have ourselves to blame for not training them properly and then observing them to ensure they follow the training.

George

Sorry no image available
Posted by sfield1023 - 8 years ago

yes i know what you mean, i toke my car to a renault dealer for new brake pads,when i got there he carryed on working, and was told i am busy, without even eye contact with me, tryed to ask for him to test drive to know if anything else was wrong. after sitting in my car being ignored for 20 minutes, i just drove off. i thought why am i paying expensive prices, when they dont even have common courtusey to acknowledge me, si p.s got the brake pads for only 50 euros fitted at a friendly garage in stroumbi

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunny30 - 8 years ago

I agree that in most retail shops, the level of customer service is below standard. I was once in a known store, I was stood at the Customer Service desk and was ignored by the assistant for at least 2 minutes as she was finishing up her personal phone call on her mobile. 2 minutes doesnt sound long, but when you are standing there listening to her rattle on about her kids school and the teacher, it seemed forever! Firstly, is it acceptale for staff members to answer a personal calls during working hours, especially a CS desk? Secondly, she didnt apologise for making me wait, and greeted me with a "Nai?" (YES in Greek). Wouldnt you be ticked off?? If this happened in the UK she would be cautioned or even sacked.