DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English Library in Nicosia

Posted by Petrochik - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by zany-684605 - 8 years ago

St. Paul's Cathedral, Nicosia has a book sale every Saturday from 10 am. Books cost under 1 euro, you can donate books as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

The Cyprus Library in Lefkosia has books in a number of languages. (Most are Greek or English, but they also have books in Turkish, French and German)

It has both lending and reference sections and with a libary card you can borrow up to 3 books at a time, for 21 days at a time.

Some of the audiovisual material can also be taken out on loan and cdertainly in the reference section you can access digital versions of books from other European libraries.

There are regular 'Books of the Month' and exhibitions.

The Cyprus Library is also responsible for issuing ISDN numbers to writers/publishers.

Cyprus actually has 22 'government' libraries! It's sad that people just ignore them!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by soulla15 - 8 years ago

I don't know of any library in Nicosia but I run an English library in Larnaca on Saturday mornings at the American Academy Junior school. We have hunderds of adult fiction books and children's books too and we're open from 10-12 noon. Let me know if you want more details, or you can call me on 99801141.

Regards,

Soulla xxx

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Try the American Embassy - they will be able to tell you where there is such a library.