DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free UK-Cyprus Phone Number

Posted by Phil Merry - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CanCyp - 9 years ago

Thanks J! I'll check it out...

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

HI Cancyp,

Goto the Rebtel website and follow the instructions, they do operate in Canada so you should get the free calls too. If your mobile has inclusive local calls you won't pay a cent.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by CanCyp - 9 years ago

Hi....does anyone know if any of these 'free' calls can be made to Canada? Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Phil,

Any suggestions for cheaper calls are always welcome.

If you want free, yes free, calls then try http://www.rebtel.com no extra bits of kit to buy either. You need to search their website to find the 'trick' to make free calls.

They do the routing of your calls via the internet for you so no add ons required. The only thing I'd say is that at busy times on the internet the audio quality can be ropey but as it's free anytime just call back later. We tend to call between 8:00 and 11:00 (local time) in the mornings and haven't had any problems.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by Phil Merry - 9 years ago

Ok, Ok
Extra hardware plus costs
This service does not require computers or extra cost to either.It does not use VOIP, it simply routes at the cheapest current global line connectionsPhil

Sorry no image available
Posted by Manbat - 9 years ago

With Vonage you also get a UK number so for example I got a number in the same town as my parents live so if they want to call me they simply dial a 6 digit local number which in most cases is free for them.

Our calls to the UK are completely free.

In actual fact we have a higher level package which includes unlimited free calls to 45 countries, we also have a virtual number in Warsaw so people from there can also call us on a local warsaw number.

This is a VOIP system that plugs into your router and you plug a regular phone into it and it works as a normal phone, no computer needed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Phil Merry - 9 years ago

This is from UK to Cyprus, not for us to call UK, you register your Cyprus number and you get a UK number for people to call you at a cheap rate.

I know about the CYTA 1018, but even with this you have to put the 0044 etc, but the 1018 is not restricted to 0044, its full international.

Phil

Sorry no image available
Posted by Manbat - 9 years ago

Try www.vonage.co.uk and you can get unlimited free calls to the UK and callers can call you on a UK number from 5.99 per month. I use it and it saves me a fortune !!!

Rgds

Wayne

Sorry no image available
Posted by kbas-692800 - 9 years ago

so it still costs 4p per minute-try using the 1088 service-cyp to uk=3cents per minute