DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How is life in Trachoni, Limassol?

Posted by strugaruf - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen 51 - 7 years ago

Have you thought of Episkopi, its a nice village, it is right next to the Curium Beach, it has easy access to the motorways for Paphos and Limassol. Excellent food shops, pubs and tavernas and is close to Trachoni. Might be an idea to look slightly further afield than Trachoni.

Hope this helps.

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by gazzaga - 7 years ago

I believe Trachoni is an up and coming place to live. The nnew My Mall is 1 mile away, the new highway link will mean the village is accessible very easily from Paphos or Larnaca ends of the highway. There is also planning approval for a fair bit of development in the Fassouri Plantation including a golf course if Lanitis can supply their own water by desalination.

Sorry no image available
Posted by strugaruf - 8 years ago

Hi,

Thank you all for your replays!!! Will consider all this points! Yes, the lower prices of houses and the vicinity to Limassol attracted us to the village.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wendyb-691275 - 8 years ago

I agree on the graffiti in our village but other youths from other villages have been useing the Trachoni sign to make it look worse for our village youngsters, who i know are not at all innocent, until they get a Muktur who cares nothing will be done. But life could be a lot worse and we keep to ourselves.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

I'm sure you're right, Wendy - very often the perception of a place from the outside is quite different from the reality. However, the young people of Trachoni do have a poor reputation, not helped by the ever-growing graffiti that no-one seems to care enough to remove (I'm thinking particularly of the ubiquitous "Trachoni Texas" scrawl over walls and road signs). Recently groups of youths from Trachoni - or at least purporting to be from Trachoni - have been making systematic trips up to the mountain villages and defacing our walls and road signs as well - you must admit it doesn't look good for Trachoni........

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wendyb-691275 - 8 years ago

Hello there, we have lived in Trachoni for 10 years and wouldn't move. We have great Cypriot neighbours and although we live on the main road through, so can be a little noisy at times. Very convenient for the best beach in Cyprus Curium, and just out of town. Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 8 years ago

We have friends in Trachoni who are desperate to move out; it has a very poor reputation for vandalism & hooliganism. Not the sort of place to recommend, really...(apologies to anyone who lives in Trachoni & likes it - I'm just reporting my personal experience of the place)

Graham.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wingnut-669538 - 8 years ago

I used to live there

Quite possibly the worst village in the Limassol area, but the newer built area nearer to Ypsonas is OK.

It's full of horkatous and gangs of kids on noisy bikes, not really my cup of tea.

That's why property prices are cheaper in Trachoni.