DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

how to get to Fethiye??

Posted by stellaluna-664983 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

hillbillies , i assume you mean the vehicle will have uk plates on it ? . you know turkish mainland give you 6 months for motor , it will be stamped in & out . ? . it is possible to get permission for the same in trnc , when crossing to the south as a tourist , camping gear is okay otherwise goods can be regarded as smuggling , going from south to north i think the limit is - $ 130 . g/c customs will confiscate and fine for cigs & tob over one small packet ( 20 ) you will need reg papers for motorcycle even in parts , look at any breakers yard in the south - you will see the car have been cut in half .

Sorry no image available
Posted by hillbillies-691245 - 8 years ago

hi what happens if we take the ferry from turkey and should go to the Greece side of the island with our car are we aloud to enter that side as tourists we also have our car full with personal stuff and a motorcycle in parts with us it has paper on it in my name

Sorry no image available
Posted by jasmina1-678674 - 8 years ago

Hi,If u go from greek side it s gonna cost u so much money,just travel from turkish side,its so cheap and they are so friendly aswell,we always travel from there

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Thank you very much, baxi. So I could even take my car?????

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 8 years ago

the most derect way is via trnc on the ferry to tasuci on the mainland also the cheapest ,(if going in a vehicle )